Silversea Cruises : Silver Explorer
Silversea’s purpose-built Silver Explorer expedition ship (formerly the Prince Albert II) has been designed specifically for navigating waters in some of the world’s most remote destinations, including both of earth’s polar regions. A strengthened hull with a Lloyd’s Register ice-class notation (1A) for passenger vessels enables Silver Explorer to safely push through ice floes with ease. A fleet of Zodiac boats allows Silversea Expedition guests to visit even the most off-the-beaten path locations, and an expert Expedition Team provides insight and understanding to each unforgettable Silver Explorer cruise adventure.
ALL-INCLUSIVE EXPEDITION CRUISE AMENITIES
Behind Silver Explorer’s ice-strengthened hull there exists a degree of luxury unmatched by any expedition cruise line. Enjoy exceptional amenities on your Silversea Expedition voyage.
- All Ocean-View Accommodations: The largest average accommodation size of any expedition cruise ship, each with private bath and an elegant ambiance of unrivaled luxury.
- A Butler for Everyone: Butler service in every suite, every stateroom.
- Superlative Service and Genuine Hospitality: Staff to guest ratio of nearly 1 to 1
- Complimentary Adventures Ashore: Unearth fascinating dimensions of culture, history, science and the environment through a diverse collection of complimentary shoreside experiences and distinctive onboard events.
- Expert Expedition Team: Travel with historians, biologists, anthropologists, geologists, botanists, ornithologists, naturalists, photographers and destination experts at your side as you discover remote and remarkable environments.
- Complimentary Beverages Served Throughout the Ship: Choose from a premium selection of fine wines, champagnes, spirits, bottled water, soft drinks and specialty coffees on board your luxury cruise– all with Silversea’s compliments.
- Gratuities Included: All onboard gratuities are included — none are ever expected.
- Open Seating Dining: When and with whom you dine is up to you.
- Casual Informal Attire: No tuxedos or formal evening dress required.
- Menus Inspired by Relais & Châteaux: Silversea’s preferred culinary partner.
- Complimentary 24-Hour Room Service: A late-night snack or full breakfast, lunch or dinner delivered at your request — with no charge and no tipping.
- Complimentary Parka: For guests aboard expedition cruise itineraries bound for Polar regions.
- Water-Resistant Backpack and Stainless Steel Water Bottle: Professional gear for your authentic expedition.
- Shipwide WiFi and Mobile Phone Service: Fee applies
Sparkling with crystal and candlelight, The Restaurant serves contemporary, international cuisine with sophisticated elegance and impeccable service. Menus feature regional specialties unique to the voyage destination, such as Roasted Chilean Sea Bass while cruising the Chilean fjords. During days at sea, guests can choose something from La Collection du Monde, a series of signature dishes created exclusively for Silversea by the Grands Chefs Relais & Châteaux.
Enjoy al fresco dining in the soft ocean breeze. Menu options include healthy CruiseLite selections, fresh-from-the-oven pizza and lighter fare.
Dine course-by-course on selections from The Restaurant during dinner hours. Room service is available 24 hours a day and is always complimentary.
The Panorama Lounge is specially designed to provide an uninterrupted view of the day’s destination from the comfort of the ship’s interior. This is an ideal place to unwind, listen to the pianist and enjoy a nightcap with new friends.
Located on Deck 6, high atop the ship, the Observation Lounge offers panoramic views. Here you will find comfortable seats to enjoy a beverage and watch the ever-changing view.
Gather in The Theatre to hear fascinating tales of adventure or to learn about the region’s endemic wildlife and remarkable nature. Lectures and seminars are presented by knowledgeable experts in a variety of scientific fields.
The Connoisseur’s Corner offers exceptional cognacs along with a premium selection of cigars for purchase.
Featuring designer collections and duty-free shopping, the onboard Boutiques offer a selection of jewelery, fashions, perfumes and Silversea logo items. Toiletries and convenience items are also available for purchase.
A full range of salon services is available for both men and women including hairstyling, manicures and pedicures.
The Fitness Centre is open daily and offers a treadmill, elliptical trainer, stationary bike, and a weight machine.
Email friends and family back home, or surf the web. CD burners, headphones, digital camera media readers, and complimentary black and white laser printing are also available.
The Library has an extensive selection of hardcover books, magazines, reference materials and newspapers, as well as audio listening stations. Movies are also available and can be viewed on your in-suite entertainment centre.
Relax your body and mind with a wide range of soothing therapies, including facials, body wraps and massages. Sauna and steam rooms are perfect for relaxing before your spa treatment or after a long, nature hike.